The Bishop’s Seat of Zeitz was created in 968 and was moved to Naumburg in the year 1028. The early medieval crypt of the former Cathedral in Zeitz is today integrated in the historical palace church of Moritzburg. The remarkable Gate House of the Moritzburg Palace houses the collegiate library with the extraordinary book collections of the last Naumburg Bishop Julius Pflug (1499–1564). International curiosities are the editions of reformatory writings of Martin Luther and Philipp Melanchthon.



Zeitz Tourist Board
Altmarkt 16
06712 Zeitz

Tel.: +49 3441 83291
Fax: + 49 3441 83331